Preparing for funding
Preparing your company for funding of any sort, whether it is equity or debt, is a complex and time-consuming process. Most management teams of growing small businesses or start-up organisations will have little or no experience of what is required in preparing their companies for investment.
Here are just some of the questions that you should consider when preparing to source funding:
- Do I need to strengthen my management team?
- Is my business model scalable enough?
- How do I value my company today and post funding?
- What should be included in a business plan and how detailed should it be for the different types of funding?
- Is there a correct structure that a business plan should take?
- What are investors looking for?
- How should I approach investors or lenders and who are they?
- What should I include in my investor presentation?
- What questions should I prepare for?
The list is endless.
Pegasus Funding Resources can help you to answer these questions and get you through the funding maze. Listed below are our 'investor readiness' services that will help you to increase your chances of success.
Business concept reviews
A Pegasus 'business concept review workshop' will help you to determine whether or not your business model is scalable and robust enough to attract investment from angel investors, banks, government schemes or other sources. Assumptions about your business are challenged and often lead to questions which may include: Are the routes to market the most suitable? Is the sales and marketing plan realistic? Is the product or service being offered competitive or not? What need is being fulfilled? How will the competition react? What additional staff may be required to hit the projected targets? How do the financials stack up? How much investment is actually required?
It is much easier for you to answer all these questions with the assistance of objective third parties who will bring a fresh perspective to the challenges you face and who will not be emotionally involved with internal issues.
Each business concept review workshop is tailor-made for the individual requirements of your company. A workshop could take up to three days but the majority are completed in a single day.
Business plan scoring
A good, well-structured and targeted business plan is essential if you are to succeed in your fund raising process. Most managing directors have written numerous internal 'milestone' business plans but few will have written a 'winning' funding business plan. The two are very different and it is not something that you have to do every day.
There are many questions that need to be asked. How do you decide what structure to follow? What should you include in the executive summary? How detailed should the sales and marketing plan be? What assumptions to include? Do you need a SWOT analysis? Are full three-year financials required and in what detail? What should be in the main plan and what goes into an appendix? Again, the questions seem endless.
Pegasus Funding Resources has written many winning funding business plans. We have also been asked to score plans for a number of networks. We have built up a template of what we believe the structure and content of a great business plan should be.
Pegasus Funding Resources can offer you three separate business plan scoring services:
- A free service where your plan is scored against our template. The scores for each section are returned to you by email.
- This service is the same as the bronze but we add comments to each section and subsection in our template and then returned it to you by email. There is a charge for this service.
- The same as the silver service but instead of returning the scores and comments to you by email we will present our findings to you face-to-face with time for discussion. Prices will depend on your location.
We also provide a range of business plan mentoring services to help you create a winning business plan - and then present it to investors in the best possible way.
To find out more please contact:
Richard Olsen on 0203 327 0567 or email: [email protected]